Reflecting on God’s Work within Us
September 17, 2018
Over the past few weeks, we have been reflecting on our journey through the reality that God is able to do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine. Sioux Falls Seminary alumnus Barry Saylor got us started by reminding us that in everything we do, we must be dependent upon the "father of all fatherhoods" and know that as each "narrative unfolds," it does so only by the work of God. Praise be to God.
In case you missed some of our reflections, you can catch up by reading about how God has been at work within us to bring about change related to:
- Operating in a new paradigm (part 1, part 2)
- Reconnecting seminaries and the work of the church
- Integrating local ministry contexts
- Serving the kingdom (and not our own little kingdom) by working with others to build a new system of theological education
- Making the cost of high-quality theological education truly affordable
It is the stories of life change, of God working through students, alums, and those connected to the seminary that are truly amazing. Over the next couple of weeks, and in the months to come, we will share a few of those stories. Each is a glimpse into the wonderful and unexpected ways that God weaves together each person's journey of faith and call. At Sioux Falls Seminary, we have a front row seat to see God at work. Our prayer is that by sharing these stories with you, you are edified in your walk with Christ and encouraged to step ever closer to the One who is worthy of praise.