Doctor of Ministry
The Doctor of Ministry is a practical, context-based professional degree program that enables individuals to reflect critically upon their vocations, engage in rigorous theological reflection and advanced learning experiences, and grow in ministry competence. The program is centered around a praxis model of theological reflection that stresses the continual interaction and interpretation of the biblical, theological, and cultural disciplines of inquiry along with the practical application of those disciplines in ministry.
- Completion of a Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with a B average or higher from a school accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (or an equivalent accrediting body outside of the United States or Canada)
- Three years of ministry experience after completion of the master’s degree program
- Active engagement in a ministry setting
- Completion of all application materials
- Approval of the Doctor of Ministry Committee
Students not meeting all requirements may be eligible for a provisional acceptance if additional criteria are met. Please contact the Office of Enrollment Management for details.