Doctor of Ministry
In Ministry Context with Intensives in Sioux Falls
The Doctor of Ministry is a practical, professional degree program that enables individuals to reflect critically upon their vocations, engage in rigorous theological reflection and advanced learning experiences, and grow in ministry competence. The program is centered around a praxis model of theological reflection that stresses the continual interaction of the biblical, theological, and historical disciplines of inquiry with the practical application of those disciplines in ministry. The Doctor of Ministry program is designed for the continuing development of persons who have exhibited exceptional leadership and academic ability.
- Completion of a Master of Divinity degree (or itsequivalent) with a B average or higher from a school accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (or an equivalent accrediting body outside of the United States or Canada)
- Three years of ministry experience after completion of the master’s degree program
- Active engagement in a ministry setting
- Completion of all application materials
- Approval of the Doctor of Ministry Committee
Students not meeting all requirements may be eligible for a provisional acceptance if additional criteria are met. Please contact the admissions office for more details.