Youth Pastor, Kingman, AZ
Journey Church Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry Church
Mission: To reach the people of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples.
Youth Ministry Mission: To reach the youth of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples. Position Description We believe in and highly value our young people. We seek a Christ-centered leader who is passionate and values young people as much as we do! This leader will invest their life into our students, helping them discover who they are in Christ and encourage them to not just learn about God, but to serve Him. Our youth have meaningful roles to play in God’s kingdom-building today. Our hope is that our youth ministry would produce committed disciples who share their faith and not leave their faith upon graduating high school. This leader will oversee and shepherd ministry to all junior high and high school students and their families.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Take responsibility for all aspects of Journey Church’s youth ministry.
• Raise up, equip, mobilize, and encourage a dynamic team of adults to serve in the youth ministry.
• Raise up a student leadership team.
• Create a safe and fun environment for students to come and experience God.
• Hold a weekly service or ministry time for both middle school and high school students.
• Run regular events to build community and help our students reach out to their friends.
• Make small groups a priority in the youth ministry.
• Personally be committed to relational discipleship and make building relationships with students your personal priority as well as the priority of your ministry team.
• Lead a big trip every year for both Middle School and High School. (Camps, mission trips, etc.)
• Run a youth ministry that is defined by discipling and empowering others in ministry, not defined by the main leader alone.
• Be a resource and a guide for parents. Hold trainings for them or other events that will help them raise their kids to love Jesus.
• Role model what you want from all of your leaders, by leading by example.
• Play an active and vital role on our pastoral staff team. Sharing the load for all church events, encouraging your fellow teammates in ministry, and contributing whatever you can to advance the mission.
• Perform other pastoral functions (care visits, weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
• A strong personal commitment to maintaining a healthy relationship with Jesus.
• Possess a “servant leader” leadership philosophy.
• Bachelors degree, seminary training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience building, leading, equipping and motivating volunteer leaders and teams of people.
• 3+ years of active and relevant student ministry leadership experience.
• Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
• Called to youth ministry. Passion is a prerequisite. • Strong ability to multitask, organize and handle a high volume of details.
• Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques.
• Ability to understand and relate to students and their families. • High energy and passionate about leading a team-led ministry.
• Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
Position is full time, salaried, commensurate with education and experience. Health and retirement benefits are included. To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
3782 N. Bank St.
Kingman, Arizona 86409