Sr. Pastor, Turtle Lake, ND
Turtle Lake Baptist Church, Turtle Lake, North Dakota is seeking a pastor who will lead us to participate in the mission of Jesus Christ in our community and beyond. We are a congregation of 60 members with an average Sunday morning attendance of 56.
We highly value:
• Worship that Glorifies God,
• People, regardless of their “baggage”
• Healthy relationships
• Biblical instruction to equip us for ministry
• Service to our community
• Personal spiritual growth
• Followers of Jesus who help others become His followers
• Partnering with God who woos people to Himself We adhere to the doctrinal statement of the North American Baptist Conference with headquarters in Roseville, CA. The foundation of that statement holds the Bible as the basis of all our beliefs.
Our ideal pastor…
• is ordained to the Gospel Ministry.
• has the desire and ability to win lost people to Christ and incorporate them into the Church.
• is energized when with people.
• is comfortable with details, but can cast vision.
• values the good of the whole congregation.
• is able to organize, can adjust his plans when needed and is good at following through on a project.
• sees challenges coming and makes plans to meet them. • is adept at creating processes and implementing them.
• can lead the congregation in a unified way and is good at walking alongside those involved in ministry.
A recent congregational survey showed the desire for our pastor to be strong in Bible-centered preaching and teaching, godly leadership, prayer, interpersonal care and fellowship and leading in prayer and worship. He should be knowledgeable of best Christian education practices and be able to relate to all age groups including youth and children. Additional to leading the public services of the church, we expect our pastor to be involved in community activities, take an active role in the Turtle Lake Ministerial and to be involved in our Wednesday night children's program and youth activities. We desire him to make hospital visits both home and away. He is to do home visitations where possible, be in the office in the mornings or afternoons of his work days and be computer literate. The pastor’s benefit package will include salary, mileage reimbursement for travels defined in the benefits agreement, a continuing education stipend, vacation, leave for special ministries and parsonage. Other benefits will be communicated to pastors seriously considering the position.
Turtle Lake is a community of 550 people in central North Dakota. Our community supports a public K-12 school, a small hospital and swing bed center, a medical clinic, dental clinic, two auto repair stations, a credit union, a bank, a grocery store, and over forty businesses in total. We are located 65 miles south of Minot, N.D. and 55 miles north of Bismarck which is the Capitol of North Dakota. We have excellent hunting and fishing opportunities in the area year round. We have a very active Chamber of Progress and great community support of our school sports teams. Further information is available upon request.
Submit your resume and other pertinent information to Paul Singer 1690 2nd St. SW Turtle Lake, ND 58575 Phone# (701)448-2272 Paul Singer firstname.lastname@example.org Further information is available upon request. Please submit your resume and any other pertinent information to: Mr. Paul Singer 1680 2nd St. SW Turtle Lake, ND 58575 email@example.com
Turtle Lake Baptist Church
Mr. Paul Singer
1680 2nd St. SW
PO Box 188
Turtle Lake, ND 58575
URL: Turtle Lake Baptist Church