Pastor, Eureka, SD
First Baptist Church of Eureka, SD is seeking a Pastor to lead our church.
First Baptist is a small, dedicated congregation with an average attendance of 30 on Sundays. We seek to be a loving, friendly and welcoming community that worships God and serves others. We place a high priority on teaching from the Bible and following the example of Jesus. Our church was founded in 1886 by German Baptist immigrants and has continued to serve God faithfully in the church, Eureka area, and North American Baptist Conference. Our church is debt-free, which is a great blessing. Our church members are mostly older, conservative Christians, who have followed the Lord for years and provide stability and continuity, but who cherish the children in our flock and the joy and energy they bring to us. The prayer of our congregation is to connect with the man that God has called to serve with us who will lovingly and faithfully lead the church in preaching, teaching, prayer, and leadership in all spiritual matters of the church to help us grow in faith. We hope to find someone who enjoys living in a small rural Midwest agricultural community and who understands the joys and challenges of ministering to a small congregation. We look forward to partnering with you in your ministry.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Meets the qualifications of an elder as identified in Scripture in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-9.
• Has a clear testimony of having trusted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and of your call to the ministry.
• Adheres to the Eureka First Baptist Constitution, the NAB Statement of Beliefs, and Pastoral Code of Ethics & Practices (found on the NAB website).
• Is an ordained NAB Baptist minister, or is eligible for ordination based upon NAB Conference guidelines, or is working towards that goal, as approved by the church.
• Has full-time ministry experience (preferred), but those recently called to ministry will also be considered.
• Has a vibrant, faithful prayer life, practices ongoing personal spiritual development and models that for the congregation.
• Plan and conduct the weekly Sunday worship services, prepare and deliver clear, relevant sermons that communicate God’s inerrant, infallible, and inspired Word.
• Disciple members by leading or teaching Bible studies and Sunday School, as called upon.
• Lead in the observance of the church ordinances, namely believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
• Conduct weddings, funerals, child dedications, and confidential counseling sessions.
• Be an ex-officio member of all boards and committees and work with the deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned duties.
• Shepherd the congregation in a personal way through visiting members and prospective members, visiting the sick, regularly visiting members in the nursing home or home-bound who are unable to attend church, and offering the Lord’s Supper to them.
• Have a heart for evangelism and be active and effective in sharing Christ with seekers, doubters, and the unchurched.
• Become an active member of the Eureka Ministerial Association and the area Baptist Pastoral Cluster.
• Endeavor to attend the North Central Association, Northern Plains Region meetings, and the NAB Triennial Conference.
• Engage in the wider community outside the church, interacting with people from the Eureka area, taking part in inter-church and community activities and representing Jesus Christ and the church in a friendly, caring manner.
• Perform the church’s administrative duties, including weekly bulletins, monthly calendar, the annual report, membership roster, correspondence, etc.
Special Notes Our previous pastor retired after faithfully serving the congregation for nearly 20 years. An interim lay minister is currently serving the church during the transition process.
Eureka is a community of 800, located around a beautiful lake in north central South Dakota, with a new preK-12 school, a new medical campus, and excellent recreation facilities. It is a safe, clean community with a wonderful small-town atmosphere emphasizing family and faith. A well-maintained 3-bedroom parsonage is included with the pastor’s compensation. Salary and benefits are to be determined, based on experience and qualifications. Please Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org Pulpit Search Committee c/o Gregory Grenz 11029 319th Ave. Eureka SD 57437-0246 City of Eureka Information: https://www.eurekasd.com/home
Position available immediately.
We are receiving applications until July 1, 2020.
First Baptist Church
11029 319th Ave
Eureka, SD 57437