Outreach Coordinator (Day Camp Leader), Waubay, SD
The Outreach Coordinators will be responsible for leading Day Camp teams and ensuring that the assigned Day Camps run smoothly. This individual will act as the liaison between the NeSoDak staff and the congregation and will manage all Day Camp logistics. The Day Camp Coordinator must focus on building long-lasting, genuine relationships with adults and campers alike in a wide variety of Day Camp communities and must be excited about bringing camp to other communities and working with small groups of staff. Our Mission: Lutherans Outdoors in South Dakota welcomes all to explore and experience Christ’s love in community and creation.
1. Attend Day Camps and directly coordinate Day Camp programming. a. Coordinate staff and volunteers at each Day Camp site. b. Assign staff and volunteer duties. c. Act as first point of contact for camper, parent, volunteer, and staff concerns. d. Integrate Bible Study and faith formation into all parts of programming.
2. Maintain high level of open communication with Local Coordinator before, during, and after Day Camp. a. Work with Local Coordinator to meet Day Camp expectations b. Be receptive to constructive feedback and requests from Day Camp communities c. Facilitate communication between NeSoDak, summer staff, and local congregations. d. Be physically present at Day Camp and in programming.
3. Develop and adapt Day Camp curriculum a. Ensure programming is appropriate for ages and location. b. Keep accurate inventory of supplies, to be reported to Assistant Program Director each week.
4. Act as primary resource and support for staff assigned to Day Camp a. Hold daily meetings with Day Camp staff. b. Support staff members through regular check-in and program support. c. When needed, seek assistance from Assistant Program Director and Program Director regarding issues or concerns with campers, facilities, and staff.
5. Act as a role model for staff and campers. a. Facilitate development of a healthy camp community by acting as a mature leader at all times. b. Be present in the camp community as much as possible by leading and participating in programming and eating with campers at meals. c. Be the public face of NeSoDak in Day Camp communities by getting to know parents, campers, and volunteers. 6. Other duties, including, but not limited to: a. Supervise campers and lead activities as needed. b. Be available to collaborate with counselors on devotions, cabin activities, and more. c. Assist in all other program areas, as needed.
NeSoDak Bible Camp
3285 Camp Dakota Drive
Waubay , SD 57273