Ministry Area Leader - Faith Development, Woodbury, MN
Ministry Area Leader for Faith Development – Growing & Nurturing Disciples of Christ
Woodbury Baptist Church is a growing American Baptist congregation of 225 members and worshipers. We are seeking a half-time (20-25 hours/week) Ministry Area Leader for Faith Development to serve all ages of the congregation. We see this person as a creative encourager and equipper of others, motivated by a joyful passion for growing disciples of Jesus Christ. This leader will provide a vision and plan (both short and long term) for faith development that aligns with the church’s vision, values and goals. The position will have day-to-day oversight by senior pastor and is accountable to the Leadership Board. Roles &
• Collaborate with and support parents, teachers and other church leaders to ensure that the church is a place of training, resources and modeling where disciples of all ages are grown.
• Guide and support parents so they may exemplify leadership both in the church and at home.
• Identify and articulate a vision and implement a plan for Christian faith development, discipleship and spiritual growth of all ages
• Review and recommend allocation of resources. Approve authorized expenditures
• Inspire and encourage volunteers for service and ensure coverage for faith development programs.
• Train and/or coordinate training for teachers and other faith development leaders as necessary.
• Review and encourage new Faith Development Area ministry proposals.
• Plan and coordinate faith development ministry teams, curricula and materials according to WBC vision.
• Champion and promote the work and activities of the ministry area team through a variety of communication vehicles.
• Participate in the following meetings; Annual meetings (May & Dec), Budget meeting (Oct), Guidance meeting (Summer), Evaluation meeting (Spring), weekly staff meetings. Required:
• Christian faith and affirmation of Baptist principles
• Theological degree or education degree.
• Significant experience in developing and implementing the following: Church education, programs focused on spiritual growth, training the trainer.
• Regular worship attendance at WBC.
• Organization - Establishes clear goals and priorities for self and others, creates focus on what’s important.
• Planning & Execution - Has a clear vision for faith development, is forward-thinking, maintains a long-term big picture view, and foresees obstacles and opportunities. Translates broad strategies into practical action plans.
• Communication - Clearly articulates concepts so others understand. Has the patience to hear people out and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when you disagree.
• Personal Relationship - Establishes, open, candid, and trusting relationships.
• Collaboration - Assists and supports others to achieve goals. Listens and responds constructively to other members’ ideas. Works collaboratively and effectively across generations.
• Developing Self & Others - Takes personal responsibility for one's own learning and development as well as other leaders through a process of assessment, reflection, and taking action for spiritual and skills growth.
Woodbury Baptist Church
Margie Castro, Moderator
6695 Upper Afton Rd
Woodbury, MN 55125