Lead Pastor, Slayton, MN
JOB TITLE: Lead Pastor
HOURS: Full-Time/Salaried/Pastoral Staff
REPORTS TO: Church Board
OBJECTIVE To seek to understand God’s vision for the church and convey that vision through effective communication and relational skills. To ensure that a Biblically-based message of significance is delivered with excellence to the congregation each week. Act as leader and shepherd under the supervision of the church leaders.
• A deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life and exhibiting character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter: 5:1-4.
• Exhibits personal qualities that are of the highest integrity and unquestionable honesty.
• Earnestly seeks God’s will above all other possible motivations.
• Excellent communicator; visionary in leadership and supervision of staff.
• Endorses and supports the pastoral staff and effectively communicates the visionary culture of Lake Sarah Baptist Church.
• Possesses a conciliatory spirit of cooperation and fellowship within the church body.
• Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
• Exhibits Christ’s love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the church body.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Masters-level or higher degree required from a respected evangelical seminary; preferred Masters of Divinity.
• Licensed as an ordained minister or willing to seek ordination within the first two years of employment.
• Prefer experience in pastoral ministry, in roles that involved preaching and supervision of multiple staff.
• Become a member and be committed to ministry at Lake Sarah Baptist Church.
• Pass a criminal record background check.
• PREACHING: Value the importance of the weekly sermon. Seek to discern God’s message for the congregation and spend significant time and effort using professional skills to develop and deliver that message to the best of one’s ability. Employ a variety of expository and topical preaching methods.
• VISION-CASTING: Seek God’s direction and develop His vision for our church in a way that maximizes the gifts and resources available. Seek to find new ways and additional resources to accomplish God’s plan for our church.
• COOPERATION: Exhibit strong diplomatic skills and lead within the context of a congregational style of church governance and be accountable to the church leaders. Be an excellent recruiter of gifted leaders and a strong encourager to all. Work to accomplish a vision for the church with respect for and in cooperation with lay leaders and committees.
• LEADERSHIP: Vison: Seek God’s direction, develop His vision for Lake Sarah Baptist Church, and fulfill that vision in a way that maximizes available gifts and resources. Seek to find new ways and additional resources to accomplish God’s plan for the church. Work to accomplish a vision for the church with respect for and in cooperation with lay leaders and committees. Staff Leadership: Identify and develop gifted men and women. Collaboratively lead and oversee the professional staff for successful ministry in the church. Continually evaluate effectiveness of programs and proposes creative ideas for improvement. Provide ongoing discipleship, mentoring and spiritual oversight of church staff members. Congregational Leadership: Challenge and inspire the congregation to be transformed personally by the Holy Spirit. Building on an established foundation of worship, missions, and children’s ministries, seek to guide our congregation into developing deeper relationships and become servant leaders who impact and reach out to our community and world for Christ.
• RELATIONAL: Work with and relate to staff, church boards, lay leaders, volunteers and the congregation as a whole. Show evidence of love for people in the congregation while reaching out, developing relationships, and have compassion for the triumphs and problems in their lives with a willingness to counsel or refer.
• PRAYER: Seek and promote prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church.
• EVALUATION/DEVELOPMENT: Continually evaluate effectiveness of programs and propose creative ideas for improvement. Offer overall vision to develop and grow ministry. Spend time in personal study in order to expand relevant knowledge and keep current with latest trends in ministry.
• BUDGET: Participate in the planning of the church budget in cooperation with the church leaders in preparation for congregational approval.
• SHEPHERDING: Relational Care: Intentionally seek to know Lake Sarah Baptist Church and surrounding communities, demonstrate hospitality, actively listen, provide biblical correction and desire to care for those who don’t know Christ. Congregational Care: Provide counseling/mentoring services as needed. Participate in various special services and events such as weddings, funerals, prayer meetings, baptisms, child dedications, ministry ordinations, communion, etc.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Full Time Lead Pastor position includes a salaried competitive compensation and benefits package.
TO APPLY Applications for our position will only be accepted through our Converge Pastor Placement Process (P3). To apply or for more information go to http://convergep3.com/register
ABOUT LAKE SARAH BAPTIST CHURCH Over 125 years have passed since the church was first organized, but one thing that has not changed is our love for God. Serving members in a 30-mile radius of our Southwest Minnesota rural church, Lake Sarah Baptist Church is nestled along HWY 59, just a short distance from Lake Shetek and Lake Sarah. There are hospitals, great school districts, grocery stores, restaurants, and many more conveniences within a short driving distance from the church. The closest major shopping areas would be Sioux Falls and Mankato.
Visit the slayton.govoffice.com or https://www.tracymn.org for more information on neighboring communities.
Lake Sarah Baptist Church
1613 191st St
Slayton, US-MN 56172