Kids and Family Pastor, Kingman, AZ
Journey Church Kids and Family Pastor Church Mission: To reach the people of Kingman with the good news by making disciples who make disciples.
Position Description We believe that children are a blessing from God. As a church we want to do all we can to raise up the next generation to love and serve the Lord. In order to do this we seek to develop a dynamic children’s ministry program where kids encounter the living God through His word and through the love of his people. To be effective we know that our strategy must include supporting and equipping parents. We seek a Christ-centered leader who is passionate and values kids and families as much as we do! We seek a leader who can build a large and effective ministry team of caring volunteers to run a dynamic discipleship program. We seek a leader who will partner with families for pastoral support and spiritual direction.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Take responsibility for all aspects of Journey Church’s children’s ministry. Age zero up through 5th grade.
• Recruit, equip, mobilize, and encourage a dynamic team of adults to serve in the children’s ministry.
• Identify and empower lead volunteer directors who can lead other volunteers.
• Create dynamic, fun, and effective environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
• Minister to parents, helping them become the leaders in their child’s spiritual development.
• Uphold all safety policies and procedures for Journey Kids Ministry, making sure all leaders and volunteers are trained in appropriate safety guidelines. • Host events or trainings to encourage, support and equip parents. • Provide support to children and/or their families as needed. • Oversee a yearly Vacation Bible School or similar event every summer.
• Meet throughout the week with parents for support and discipleship.
• Work together with the Youth Pastor to provide a seamless flow between children’s and youth ministry as well as create rite of passage events for kids and families.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with families about schedule, events, etc.
• A strong personal commitment to maintaining a healthy relationship with Jesus.
• Possess a “servant leader” leadership philosophy.
• Bachelors degree, seminary training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience building, leading, equipping and motivating volunteer leaders and teams of people.
• 3+ years of active and relevant children’s ministry leadership experience.
• Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal.
• Passionate about kids and families.
• Strong ability to multitask, organize and handle a high volume of details.
• Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques.
• Ability to understand and relate to children and their families.
• High energy and passionate about executing a team-led ministry.
• Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
Position is full time, salaried, commensurate with education and experience. Other benefits are included. To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
3782 N. Bank St.
Kingman, Arizona 86409