Full Time Youth/Worship Leader, Red Wing, MN
About the Position, Cornerstone Community Church, and Red Wing Cornerstone Community Church meets in beautiful downtown Red Wing in a historic old building with high ceilings that once served as a type of big box store. Our mission is to build bridges between people and Jesus. Being downtown, we have a heart to develop relationships with the community, offer a contemporary worship service, and encourage spiritual growth through small groups. We are a theologically conservative, spiritually healthy growing church in Red Wing, located one hour south of Minneapolis on the Mississippi River. Our average attendance is around 110 people per week coming out of the last year (~130-160 before COVID).
CCC is seeking an upbeat person to fill the position of Youth/Music Leader. The person will lead and disciple youth in grades 6-12. The greater part of the responsibilities will be in the area of youth ministries. The worship duties and responsibilities are primarily to prepare our music team for leading Sunday mornings. This is a full-time position that reports to the Lead Pastor and will oversee a variety of volunteers. Due to the size and needs of our church, a third area of responsibility will be added to this position. That third area is yet to be determined and can be discussed with a viable candidate. Currently, our full-time staff have three areas of responsibility and this third area will not add an undue burden for this position.
Qualifications for Youth/Music Leader
Character - teachable, humble, works well in teams, works on the inner life through daily devotions to the Father and other disciplines.
Chemistry - highly self-motivated, has fun at work, flexible approach and structure, lead and delegate, takes tasks seriously but not themselves.
Courage - Committed to accomplishing the mission of the church over his/her preferences. Takes risks, within the structure of a vision and team, to advance the gospel.
Compassion - for the Church and unbelievers. Proven track-record loving youth.
Competency - See Responsibilities
Responsibilities for Youth Ministry:
1. Recruit and lead a Youth Ministry Team of volunteers. Establish a close working relationship with Youth Ministry Team, meet on a regular basis, and help them lead.
2. Create ongoing bible discipleship teaching. Be responsible for Wednesday evening youth meetings and additional gatherings and bible studies.
3. Hang out with and enjoy youth. Understands and knows how to interact with youth culture. Utilize social media to interact with, reach and disciple youth.
4. Create intentional outreach events. Create a strong presence in the Red Wing community by engaging in community activities such as Red Wing Holiday Stroll.
5. Work with and communicate with both youth and their parents to facilitate the overall mission of CCC. Help youth connect with, and be a valued part of the church.
6. Organize activities and events related to youth grades 6-12. This includes, but is not limited to, weekly youth group meetings, camps, mission trips, retreats, and any other activities deemed necessary to fulfill the mission of the youth team.
7. Oversee and administer youth ministry budget set yearly by the Church.
8. Participate in weekly Church staff meetings.
9. Office hours are required and flexible due to the need to be available for ministry in the community – athletic events, community events, interaction with youth, church events, etc.
Responsibilities for Worship/Music Ministry:
1. Lead the congregation in a contemporary worship style on Sunday mornings with the goal to bring fresh relevance to Sunday service.
2. Coordinate and organize music/chord charts, rehearsals, sound/checks, etc. for the Music Team. Pick music for each weeks’ service. Work with a team of musicians to achieve this.
3. Have a working knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment as well as needed computer software for a worship setting.
4. Discuss/Coordinate each week’s service with the Lead Pastor to fit the vision and direction of the Church.
5. Lead the music Sunday Worship Service or designate someone to lead. Preferred ability to play guitar or piano.
6. Recruit instrumentalists and vocalists for the church’s music team as needed.
Cornerstone Community Church
420 West 3rd St
Red Wing, MN 55066