Director of Ministries, Hospers, IA
The Director of Ministry Development at Hospers First Reformed Church has the general responsibility to plan, direct, and coordinate programs designed to promote the religious education and activities of the church. May include, but not limited to, guidance for leaders and volunteers, using their gifts effectively and passionately within ministries for the church and the broader community.
Essential Functions: Other Duties as Assigned
1. Responsible for recruiting leaders. Must also train, equip, and supervise leaders/volunteers. Be there to answer questions and provide guidance.
2. Develop, direct, and assess study courses or religious education programs within congregation meeting needs now and in the future.
3. Implement program plans by ordering needed materials, scheduling speakers, or handling other needed administrative duties.
4. Analyze member participation or changes in congregational emphasis to determine the ever changing need of the church and the community at large.
5. Collaborate with the consistory and Pastor to establish goals and objectives and develop programs to encourage participation and growth of members.
6. Publicize programs through sources such as newspapers, social media, bulletins, etc.
7. Attend workshops, seminars, or conferences to obtain program ideas, information, or resources.
8. Participate in denominational activities aimed at goals such as promoting interfaith understanding or providing aid to the congregation, etc.
9. Regular participation in AM and PM worship services.
10. Regular teaching in Adult and Youth settings to maintain and strengthen the Biblical foundation of Hospers First Reformed Church.
11. Be available for discipleship as the need arises.
12. Give support and encouragement to members in their Faith journey.
Hospers First Reformed Church
PO Box 217
Hospers, IA 51238