Camp Counselor, Waubay, SD
A Counselor will rotate through a variety of different positions throughout the summer, including, but not limited to: being a cabin leader, Day Camp, support staff, kitchen assistant or leading service trips. A Counselor will be responsible for the safety and camp experience of 6-10 youth each week and must be able to confidently plan, lead, and participate in creative and innovative camp programming. The counselor will act as a role model and leader by managing risk, providing hospitality, and acting as a servant. Our Mission: Lutherans Outdoors in South Dakota welcomes all to explore and experience Christ’s love in community and creation.
1. Act as a caring and compassionate leader for 6-10 youth each week a. Constantly engage with campers in appropriate and meaningful ways b. Proactively plan creative programming for cabin and age-group activities c. Participate and all activities as assigned d. Care for emotional, physical and spiritual needs of campers
2. Rotate through different staff positions, including: Day Camp, support staff, kitchen assistant, and trip leader a. Act as a representative of Lutherans Outdoors as Day Camp Counselor or trip leader b. Enthusiastically maintain camp facilities as support staff member and kitchen assistant c. Assist in camp programming as needed.
3. Facilitate safe and engaging experiences of faith formation, team building, worship, and more a. Be with campers unless on scheduled break b. Lead Bible Study, group builders, and other activities
4. Maintain high standards of safety and health for campers and staff. a. Participate fully and completely in staff training b. Build relationships with staff, guests, and campers to establish awareness and trust within camp community.
5. Act as a role model for staff and campers. a. Report staff and camper concerns to Program Director or leadership team. b. Facilitate development of a healthy camp community by acting as a mature leader at all times. c. Provide excellent hospitality to all camp guests d. Other duties, as assigned by the Program Director and leadership team.
NeSoDak Bible Camp
3285 Camp Dakota Drive
Waubay, SD 57273