Connections Pastor, Norfolk, NE
Description FBC Norfolk is seeking a passionate, relational and energetic person to serve as our Connections Pastor. We recognize that two of the ways that people grow most significantly as disciples of Jesus is when they are planted within an intimate community of Christ followers and when they put their faith into action by serving the Kingdom of God.
The Connections Pastor will provide leadership in two main areas; community formation and Kingdom service and outreach. Other responsibilities will be explored as ministry gifts and time of the candidate allow.
- Follow Jesus and have a heart for the local church.
- Two years of experience participating in and/or leading small group ministries or a similar ministry with a focus on building meaningful and authentic Christian community.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to organize small groups of people into action.
- Ability to lead and train volunteers to share in the ministry.
- Ability to connect well with people from across the generational spectrum, especially with young adults and young families.
- Have a creative and unique approach to ministering outside of the church building.
- College and/or Graduate degree is desired but equitable experience would be considered.
- Lead a church wide ministry which will help people of all ages and stages bridge the relational divide between generations, enabling them to connect relationally and grow spiritually.
- Assess and identify unique gifts, interests and passions of people within FBC.
- Assess and identify practical and spiritual needs of people within the Norfolk community.
- Develop a strategic plan to work within existing ministries and/or to create and implement new ministries, which seek to meet the practical and spiritual needs of those in the community to whom FBC is uniquely positioned to minister.
- Plan and facilitate service and ministry engagement opportunities in the wider Norfolk community, particularly in the neighborhoods and apartment complexes in close proximity to FBC.
Details - The position is flexible as we are considering full and part-time applicants for the position (25- 40hrs/week). - Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education. For further inquiries or to apply, send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Baptist Church
404 W Benjamine Rd
Norfolk, NE 68701