Christian Education Director, Lennox, SD
Lennox Ebenezer Presbyterian Church 305 West 1st Avenue PO Box 632 Lennox, South Dakota 57039
Director of Christian Education
The Director of Christian Education provides direct oversight of the Christian Education ministries of Lennox Ebenezer Presbyterian Church and other duties assigned by the pastor and/or session.
Ministry passions include:
• Loves People: passionate about seeing God’s people grow spiritually
• Spiritual Maturity: by God’s grace, seeks to model godly living.
• Creative: has an understanding of how to incorporate excitement and fun into ministry
• Gifted Communicator: excels at explaining God’s truth
• Manager: able to lead volunteers and manage resources and administrative tasks.
Ministry goals include:
• Investment: willing to invest time and energy into seeing the spiritual growth of God’s people.
• Teamwork: desires to be part of a ministry team
• Initiative: capable of being a ministry leader with the skills to accomplish the necessary duties involved in the position
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide, plan, organize, resource, and direct all Christian Education programs, with a focus on children and youth.
• To train church members for the task of teaching and leading Christian education in shared capacity.
• To participate in an annual performance review with session. Leadership:
• Provide general oversight for the Wednesday night youth activities.
• Plan and coordinate special events such as Vacation Bible School, Summer Camp, Special programs (Christmas, Retreats etc.) Youth Mission Projects, and other events that may arise.
• Coordinate the Sunday School Programs for Pre K through adults in cooperation with the Christian Education Committee
• Serve as a liaison to the pastor and the session of Lennox Ebenezer Presbyterian Church to cast vision for ministry and to ensure that youth and adults are integrated into all church ministries to the degree possible.
• Recruit, train and develop a team of adult leaders who have a passion to disciple and shepherd God’s people
• Work with the pastor, session and ministry volunteers to review and select curriculum materials and educational tools for each of the ministry programs
• Visit/interact with Sunday School classes
• Hold planning meetings with Sunday School/Wednesday night teachers as needed
• Provide adequate and appropriate communication to parents and others in the church community regarding educational ministries (newsletter, website, announcements, etc.)
• Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and supplies and purchase additional supplies as needed
• Provide periodic reports of ministries to pastor/session
• Meet with Christian Education committee to plan and evaluate programs
• Professing believer in Jesus as Lord and Savior
• Desire to live in obedience to the Lord
• Able to support the confessional and doctrinal positions of LEPC
• Able to enter into the worship and congregational life of LEPC
• Become a member or associate member of LEPC
• Experience in Christian education
• Musical capabilities
Lennox Ebenezer Presbyterian Church
305 W 1st Ave
Lennox, SD 57039