Children’s Ministry Director, Pullman, WA
About Emmanuel Baptist Church: Location: Pullman, WA (Home of Washington State University. Also, the University of Idaho is seven miles away in Moscow). Our church is made of up of mostly young families with children, university students and few senior adults. History: Emmanuel is 52 years old with a strong and stable ministry in the Pullman/Moscow area.
*Attendance: We average around 250 when school is in session. (That was before COVID)
*Music: Contemporary/Modern, but also sing a few hymns
*Preaching: Biblical & applicable to life
Staff: *Three full-time pastors (Senior Pastor, Worship Pastor & Youth Pastor)
*Full-Time Children’s Director
*Part-time Pastor to Internationals
*Part-time Administrative Assistant
The Children’s Ministry Director will Weekly Duties (approximately 70%)
1. contact and collaborate with the ministry key leaders, volunteers, directors
2. support the ministry directors to account for the equipment, maintenance, cleanliness, and supplies of children’s ministry spaces (i.e., classrooms, the nursery, supply spaces).
3. meet with supervising staff and other mentors for feedback, encouragement, and insight.
4. participate in evangelistic outreach to pre-Christian children and their pre-Christian parents by attending community events and through other opportunities.
5. connect with families (parents and children) in various ways, but in particular before and after weekly programs such as Sunday morning ministries, AWANA, Preschool and special events.
6. promote the children’s ministry (website, announcements, social media, community advertising, emails).
7. participate with other staff in staff meetings.
As Needed Duties (approximately 30%)
8. assess and understand current children’s programs and events, and consider supplementing them or replacing them with new programs and events in keeping with the vision.
9. recruit ministry directors as needed, and support recurring training for ministry volunteers.
10. provide pastoral care for children.
11. participate with other staff in retreats (usually once a year) as scheduled.
12. participate in ongoing personal training, education, and ministry research.
13. oversee budget requests and expenditures for all children’s ministries.
14. develop (with the staff and Leadership Team), post, and enforce children’s ministries policies.
15. train others to share the gospel if needed.
16. collaborate with youth leadership to provide a cohesive ministry from birth through adulthood.
17. perform other duties as assigned by the pastor.
(References to Children’s Ministries or Ministry Leaders or Ministry Directors presently includes AWANA, Nursery, KidStyle, Vacation Bible School, KidStuff, Harvest Festival, and Childcare needs for special events.)
1. A clear testimony of salvation.
2. Believer’s baptism by immersion.
3. Christian maturity in character and behavior.
4. A call to children’s ministry
5. Committed to the local church and faithful in stewardship.
6. A member of Emmanuel Baptist Church (or in the process of becoming a member).
7. Relevant spiritual gift(s) such as leadership, administration, teaching, evangelism, encouragement, or service.
8. A pleasant, friendly, enthusiastic personality.
9. Committed to grow in character, knowledge, and skill.
10. Responsible and reliable.
11. Strong communication skills.
12. Passionate and able to satisfy the spiritual needs of children and their families.
13. Able to plan and manage diverse programs and events effectively.
14. Able to recruit, supervise, and support volunteers.
15. Able to balance strong convictions with grace in relating to others.
16. Understands his or her strengths and weaknesses and serves and recruits accordingly.
1. A college degree.
2. A college degree in early childhood development or elementary education.
3. A seminary degree.
4. Experience in a paid church position in children’s ministry.
5. Experienced and effective at sharing the message of salvation to children and adults.
6. Skilled at counseling children and parents.
Relationship to Other Staff
The Director of Children’s Ministries will
1. report directly to the Senior Pastor;
2. coordinate ministry with other staff; and
3. participate in an annual review.
DOE (Full-Time) $40,000 minimum annual salary (DOE) plus health and retirement benefits, ministry and conference expenses Submit resume to - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emmanuel Baptist Church
Emmanuel Baptist Church
1300 SE Sunnymead Way
Pullman, Washington 99163