Children’s Discipleship Intern, Sioux Falls, SD
1. Develop, coordinate and co-lead our new community backyard Bible school-type outreach (at least four sessions) for children three years old through 4th grade.
2. Provide leadership for Vacation Bible School
3. Purchase and organize supplies for programs.
• Follower of Jesus Christ who is moving toward spiritual maturity
• Creative, self-starter with experience in VBS leadership
• Energetic with a love and enthusiasm for children, along with an accepting attitude and sense of humor.
• Computer proficient including Microsoft Word/Excel/Publisher and e-mail
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Flexibility with schedule and in planning.
• Ability to relate to professional staff and adults as well as with children; takes initiative in developing relationships.
• Ability to successfully pass criminal background check.
The administrator and VBS directors will provide training/orientation as well as support throughout the internship period.
Average hours = 25-30 weekly.
Consistent office hours will be expected; however, hours vary according to activities and will include evenings, weekend hours, and Sunday morning presence at worship services.
The Intern Program runs from Monday, May 20 through July 31, 2013 (these dates may be negotiable).
The intern is accountable to the Administrator at Good News Church. The intern shall conduct himself or herself in such a way that he or she is a good role model to the children. Any actions that do not reflect Christian values may result in immediate dismissal. This is a salaried intern position. Salary based on qualifications and experience.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to Mary Morgan by April 22, 2013.
Good News Church
1800 S Valley View Rd
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Phone: 605 361 6718 x17