Children & Family Pastor, Sioux Falls, SD
Good News Church is seeking to hire a Children & Family Pastor (job description follows). The primary emphasis of this position is to provide spiritual leadership for Good News Church’ ministry to children (birth-4th grade) and their families leading them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This is a full-time exempt position and includes a competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith by May 13. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for May 29 and 30. Please call if you have questions.
Children & Family Ministry Pastor Main Goal To provide spiritual leadership for Good News Church’ ministry to children (birth-4th grade) and their families leading them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
Key Result Area #1: Leadership and Visioning – Supporting Goals: With the Good News vision, mission and strategy as the basis, give overall leadership and vision to the children and their families Performance Standards:
• Annually establish 2-4 ministry goals that align with the church’s vision, mission, and strategy
• Develop and implement plans to achieve specific ministry goals • Regularly pray for the children and volunteer leaders for whom this position is responsible
Key Result Area #2: Spiritual Development
Supporting Goals: To provide a robust and biblical approach to the spiritual development of the children, their families, and volunteer leaders
• Actively participate in opportunities that encourage your growth as a spiritual leader (including having a professional and spiritual mentor)
• To develop and nurture adult leaders who are committed to growing in Christ and leading children
• Provide, develop and adapt appropriate curriculum that is consistent with the beliefs and practices of our church and denomination and with proven spiritual growth catalysts and disciplines.
Key Result Area #3: Teamwork and Equipping
Supporting Goals: To build relationships in order to recruit, equip and empower effective leaders for Sunday and Wednesday discipleship classes, VBS, etc.…
• Recruit and lead a team to implement the ministry
• Prayerfully recruit, train and shepherd volunteer leaders with diverse gifts and personalities
• Develop and maintain relationships with children and their families
• Meet weekly/monthly with Executive Pastor for accountability and direction
• Collaborate with the entire staff on programs and activities that encourage faith nurturing relationships among children, families, and intergenerationally among the congregation
Key Result Area #4: Administration
Supporting Goals: To provide administrative oversight and coordination of the children’s programs and regularly communicate with the congregation, church leaders, staff, children, families and volunteer leaders Performance
Standards: • Use written, verbal and technological communication tools to effectively plan, organize and communicate with various teams
• Develop/participate and maintain a calendar of events/activities
• Maintain contact with children and parents; keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
• Coordinate and communicate all calendar events with the administration office and staff
• Provide, develop and maintain consistent disciplinary and safety standards for children
• Develop and oversee the budget for the children’s ministry
• Oversee ordering of needed supplies, curriculum and ministry materials
• Stay current with children’s ministry practices by reading, attending leadership conferences, connecting with others in the children’s ministry field, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Be a growing Christian with a deepening personal relationship with Jesus Christ who can model this to others. This means a regular commitment to regular participation in weekend worship services, Bible reading, prayer, and sanctification as a Christian in all of life.
• Have a firm understanding and identity in the Gospel of Jesus Christ
• Have a humble heart, willing to be “last” as a servant and have a teachable spirit
• Be growing in elder-like character, knowledge, and skill (I Timothy 3)
• Be proficient in leadership recruitment and development, capable of casting and imparting a vision for ministry; be a self-motivated leader
• Have an enthusiastic, personable and approachable personality
• Possess strong communication skills and relational skills with students, parents, and staff
• Demonstrate organizational strength and creative abilities
• Have teaching experience • Demonstrate knowledge of developmental levels of children
• Possess basic computer skills (e.g., word processing, email, etc.)
• Degree in Christian ministry or equivalent experience working with children (5 years preferred)
• Background check required.
Reports to: Good News Executive Pastor for accountability and development
Compensation and Requirements: This is a full-time exempt position that includes competitive salary and benefits.
Good News Church
1800 S Valley View Rd
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Phone: 605 361 6718 x17