Children and Family Ministry Director, Vancouver, BC
Children & Family Ministry Associate Pastor or Director position
Pilgrim Church is looking for a part time (~8-12 hours/week) associate pastor/director for Children & Family Ministries. You will be joining a church on a revitalization mission to connect people with Jesus in Vancouver. The first responsibility is to provide leadership for Children/Family Ministry and the additional responsibilities will be based on the person's gift-mix and Pilgrim’s developing needs/dreams.
If this is something you know someone would be good at please encourage them to apply. For a more detailed position description please contact us! Cover letters and resumes may be emailed to: email@example.com or sent to 6075 Inverness St, Vancouver, BC V5W3P8.
Thanks for your interest!
Pastor Shel on behalf of the Staff Search Team
• Must be a Christian (follower of Jesus with a living faith – words like “born again” and “relationship with Jesus” make sense to you) and ready to commit as a person/family covenant partner at Pilgrim Church
• Embraces a “big-tent” Evangelicalism including openness to Spirit-filled life, Evangelical and/or Anabaptist views of the Bible
• Experience with children in a volunteer or other capacity is highly desirable
• Lead Children’s Ministry and be a representative of Pilgrim Church in the community
• Be the general point person for all children’s ministry functions of church (weekly)
• 10-15 hours week (more as this ministry grows!)
• Teach and oversee children and volunteers during main worship gathering(s) of the church (weekly)
• Rotate into the worship gathering(s) where most families attend (once a month)
• Plan and coordinate volunteers (weekly relationship building/monthly)
• Oversee MinistrySafe policies, procedures, and screening of volunteers (as needed) assisted by church admin/ministry support person
• Create weekly schedule (monthly/weekly)
• Work with pastor and teams to do outreach
• Meet with CM volunteers/Team (monthly)
• Act as greeter/people person before and after worship services for parents and children (on-going)
• Plan regular family relationship building activities (TBD)
• Attend staff meetings to keep lead and other staff updated
• Provide training for new Children’s Ministry volunteers (as needed)
• Be passionate about the vision and values and mission of the church
• Be a self-starter Position Accountability • Lead and receive guidance from a Children’s Ministry and Family Ministry team
• Is a contract employee of the church whose first report is to the lead pastor (spelled out in annual “Covenant of Understanding” contract) Other
• Because this is a PT salaried position this person will be expected to be flexible. Compensation
• Part time. Depends on experience and needs. Open to structuring as best fits.
6075 Inverness St
Vancouver, BC V5W3P8