The CARES Act
CARES Act Student Emergency Aid
Sioux Falls Seminary has received funds from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund as part of the CARES Act. These funds are reserved for eligible students who, as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, have incurred expenses related to the disruption of their education including those related to food, housing, course materials, technology, healthcare, and childcare.
To be considered, students must:
- Be enrolled at Sioux Falls Seminary;
- Be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen;
- Be eligible to participate in other federal aid programs;
- Have a valid Social Security Number;
- Be registered for Selective Service, if required;
- Not be in default on a Title IV loan;
- Have made satisfactory progress in their program;
- Never been convicted of a crime involving fraud in obtaining Federal financial aid;
Have never been convicted of a drug offense while receiving Federal financial aid.
- Complete this online application.
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to recipients with demonstrated need.
- Once the funds are exhausted, the online application will close.
Recipients will receive notification of acceptance or denial within two weeks of applying.
Amounts and Disbursement
Awards of up to $300 will be awarded
Questions regarding eligibility, the application process, or the grant award should be directed to the Financial Aid department by calling 800.440.6227 or e-mailing email@example.com.
30-Day Fund Report
Sioux Falls Seminary signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students in May 2020. Funds in the amount of $18,501 were approved in May 2020.