Master of Divinity
Residential: Sioux Falls or Omaha I Distance Option Offered
Developing Christian leaders for various forms of ministry is the primary function of the Master of Divinity program. The three-year course of study prepares persons for pastoral leadership and ordination in most denominations. The program consists of a core of Bible, theology, and ministry courses. Flexibility is a distinct characteristic of this program. With a system of electives, independent studies, and concentration of courses in a specialized area, students find the program adaptable to their individual needs. A student develops personal resources as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to become a spiritual leader. Graduates are equipped for a variety of related pastoral ministries: chaplaincy, church planting, missionary service, youth ministry, church music, and other church staff ministries. The program also prepares capable persons for doctoral studies.
Click to learn more about the distance program for the M.Div.
Download: Master of Divinity Program Sheet
Download: M.Div. Course of Study
Download: M.Div. Specialization in Pastoral Care and Cousenling Course of Study
Download: M.Div. Specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy Course of Study
Master of Divinity Objectives
- Spiritual maturity, moral character, and vision for ministry necessary for building the Body of Christ;
- Competence in leading the Body of Christ through preaching, evangelism, administration, and counseling;
- Commitment to the authority of the Scriptures for preaching and teaching so the Body of Christ might be equipped for fulfilling its worldwide mission of evangelism, discipleship, and social change;
- Coherent understanding of the Bible, theology, Christian heritage, and church polity, enabling the graduate to make disciples in a congregation.
Master of Divinity Specializations
Sioux Falls Seminary offers two specializations for the 84 semester hour Master of Divinity: one in Pastoral Care and Counseling (85 semester hours) and the other in Marriage and Family Therapy (94 semester hours). To learn more, download both the Master of Divinity Program Sheet and the appropriate Course of Study Sheet above.
Master of Divinity Requirements for Graduation
• Satisfactory completion of 84 semester hours.
• Maintenance of a 2.25 grade point average.
• Recommendation of faculty.